Individual International Travel
If you are participating an internship, practicum, individual study, research, or other CSM-sponsored international travel while enrolled at Colorado School of Mines for
- Winter Break
- Spring Break
- International Conferences
- Departmental Field Trips
and you are able to answer 'yes' to ANY of the questions below, please apply here to proceed.
If you are earning credit granted through an outside institution (such as a third-party provider or foreign institution), please contact the OIP.
Please answer the following questions to determine if you must complete the requirements associated with individual International Travel as a student at CSM.
- Does this experience fulfill a requirement or receive any type of credit for a CSM program of study?
- Are you receiving any funding through CSM for this experience (i.e. the program is funded through a grant awarded to a CSM employee, a department or college; you are receiving a scholarship, assistantship, or are on CSM payroll)? Please note that graduate assistants are considered students and must complete the forms.
- Are you accompanying a CSM employee or affiliate on official business?
- Would you or your family members believe this program is sponsored by CSM? For example:
- Has the program been represented to you as a CSM-affiliated activity?
- Is it featured on a CSM webpage as a CSM program?
- Has it been marketed to you by a CSM employee?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, please click here to complete the required documents. If you are unsure whether or not the program is a CSM affiliated program, please contact the OIP at (303)-384-2121 or email OIPgradassist@mines.edu for assistance in determining the nature or your international travel program.
If you answered 'no' to ALL of the questions, we wish you a safe journey. We strongly encourage you to review our travel tips and resources to help you make that happen. Remember that the well-prepared and informed traveler is more likely to have a safe and productive journey.