- AIFS Summer Institute at Shakespeare's Globe
- London-Durham Summer Institute
- King's College London Summer Institute
- Nottingham Trent University Summer Institute
- Queen's University Belfast Summer Institute
- Scotland Summer Institute (NEW!)
- University of Bristol Summer Institute (NEW!)
- University of Exeter Summer Institute (NEW!)
- Wales Summer Institute
Full details, selection criteria, and application forms are available online: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/fulbright-awards/exchanges-to-the-uk/undergraduates
Application tips and FAQs:
- Application tips on Twitter ('Twips'): @FulbrightAwards
- Grey shaded boxes vs. text boxes on the application form: grey boxes on the application form are expandable and students should be able to fit a few phrases/sentences within those boxes to properly answer the questions; text boxes cannot expand and students' answers should remain within the provided space
- Previous travel outside the US: preference will be given to those who do not have extensive, recent experience in the UK; while experience in the UK won't preclude selection, it is a disadvantage in this particular competition, however, a strong application wouldn't prevent success - we encourage anyone eligible and interested to apply for these awards
- Recommendation letters: students should be requesting that their recommendation letters be written on official letterhead of the school, business, or other organization where possible
- FAQs link: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/media/SummerInstitutes/FAQs_for_UKSI_2013.pdf
Visit the OIP for help on putting together a competitive application, and help with paperwork
- Statement of motivation and relevance to your academic and professional goals
- An unofficial transcript
- A budget showing both costs and other revenue contributions (family, grants, scholarships, etc.). We expect the student to have some financial contribution
- A brochure, application or other descriptive document on the program to be undertaken
Complete packages will be reviewed
All applications are due in a sealed envelope at OIP's office by close of business on March 1, 2013.
Grad Research / Study in Abu Dhabi
Full Scholarship Opportunities:
Masdar Institute in Abu Dhabi is the world's first graduate level university dedicated to research in advanced energy and sustainable technologies developed in collaboration with MIT.
If you are studying for a Bachelor's degree in engineering or science, or have recently graduated, Masdar can offer you Full scholarships, Research assistantships, Post doctoral opportunities, 8 Master's degree programs, State of the art research facilities on a fully sustainable campus.
Find out more at http://www.masdar.ac.ae/. If you are seriously considering applying, Dr. Nigel Middleton (email@example.com) would be willing to talk to you and OIP would also help prepare a competitive application
Study Abroad Funding Resource
With hundreds of scholarship and grant listings, IIE's online directory Study Abroad Funding, www.studyabroadfunding.org, is among the most comprehensive directories for U.S. students to find funding for studying abroad. The website features detailed descriptions of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, grants, and paint internships for U.S. undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate students. These are searchable by name, field of study, continent, and country.
Fund for Education Abroad Study-Abroad Scholarships
Funding amount: up to $5,000 per semester, up to $10,000 per academic year Website: www.fundforeducationabroad.org Applications not being accepted at this time
The fund for Education Abroad (FEA) invites applications from undergraduate students for FEA study aboard scholarships. These awards are intended to support students planning to participate in high-quality, rigorous education abroad programs in the 2013-2014 academic year or summer 2013.
Nationally, only about 14% of students who study abroad are STEM fields FEAT is hoping to increase this number. When granting scholarships, FEA targets students typically underrepresented in study abroad - minorities, science and technology majors, community college students, first generation students - providing these students a pivotal component of their education and key rung on their ladder towards success in the American workforce.